Heidi Imsand is an estate planning and trust administration associate with Barr & Young Attorneys. Heidi has been certified as a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law by the California State Bar.
Heidi graduated magna cum laude from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 2013 and is a member of the Order of the Coif. While in law school, Heidi served as a judicial extern for the Hon. Maxine M. Chesney of the United States District Court, Northern District of California and for the Hon. Monica F. Wiley of the San Francisco Superior Court. Heidi was also a Senior Production Editor for the Hastings Law Journal and worked as a law clerk for Bay Area Legal Aid.
Heidi received her bachelor’s degree from Saint Mary’s College of California in 2010, where she studied political science and economics. Heidi graduated magna cum laude and was the recipient of the Thomas Jefferson Award, which is awarded to the top student in the political science department. Heidi worked as a math, writing, and economics tutor throughout college.
Education & Court Admissions
University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
J.D., magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Member, Thurston Society
- Hastings Law Journal, Senior Production Editor; Staff Editor
- Best Moot Court Oral Argument, Honorable Mention
Saint Mary’s College of California, Moraga, California
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science magna cum laude
- Minor, Economics (Departmental GPA: 4.0)
- Thomas Jefferson Award, 2010 (Top student in Political Science department)
- Newman Award for Excellence in Writing, 2010 Dean’s List, six semesters
Writing, economics, and math tutor
- Bay Area Legal Aid, San Francisco, CA – Law Clerk
- Alameda County Self-Help Center, Oakland, CA – Intern
- The Honorable Monica F. Wiley, Unified Family Court, San Francisco, CA – Judicial Extern
- The Honorable Maxine M. Chesney, United States District Court, Northern District of California, San Francisco, CA – Judicial Extern