David litigates on behalf of individuals and businesses, focusing his practice in the areas of securities, trust and estates, and general civil litigation. He has appeared in state and federal court and represented clients in FINRA arbitration. David handles all aspects of civil litigation, from pleadings and motion practice, discovery, and through trial. He has been recognized as a Northern California Rising Star by Super Lawyers.
David grew up on a ranch near Glen Rose, Texas. He attended undergrad at the University of Texas at Austin, where he graduated beta gamma sigma with a Bachelor of Business Administration from the Red McCombs School of Business. David attended law school and received his Juris Doctor from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. While at UC Hastings, David competed on the Alternative Dispute Resolution Team and participated in the Mediation Clinic. David also volunteered with UC Hastings’ Homeless Legal Services and was awarded the Outstanding Volunteer in Public Service Award by the San Francisco Bar Association.
David previously worked for wealth management firm U.S. Capital Advisors in Houston, Texas. He also interned for the Indianapolis Colts (despite being a lifetime Cowboys fan). As a law student, David externed for the Hon. Edward J. Davila of the United States District Court, Northern District of California and for the Office of the Circuit Executive for the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco.
David lives in San Francisco where he enjoys live music, urban hikes, and rooting on his beloved Texas Longhorns.
University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California, J.D 2014
- Bar Association of San Francisco – 2011 Outstanding Volunteer in Public Service Award
- ADR-Negotiations Competition Team, 2012-2013
- Volunteer at Homeless Legal Services, 2011-2013
The University of Texas at Austin
- B.A. Business Administration, Red McCombs School of Business, 2010
- The Honorable Edward J. Davila, U.S. District Court, San Jose, CA – Judicial Extern
- U.S. Courts for the Ninth Circuit, Office of the Circuit Executive, San Francisco, CA – Federal Externship
- Indianapolis Colts, Indianapolis, IN – Legal Internship
- U.S. Capital Advisors, Houston, TX – Operations Associate and Legal Assistant